The Need: $25 million by 2020
The Reason: To provide accessibility for families with a demonstrated need.
Accessibility. It’s something facing Catholic education institutions across the country and Trinity is no exception. That’s why growth of the endowment for tuition assistance is so critical. We need you to help us ensure that Trinity remains a viable option for all who want to enjoy the educational experience Trinity has to offer.
The Trinity High School Foundation board has established a goal of raising $25 million by 2020. Like those before us, we need the support of the Trinity family to make those dreams a reality for the young men who want to become part of this special place.
Planned gifts make up a portion of the Endowment. Planned giving is a voluntary gift of any kind (assets) in any amount for any purpose. These gifts can be current or deferred, and others can help to complete the gift. Planned giving can also help eliminate or minimize taxes.
Assets to Consider:
- Life Insurance – The Trinity High School Foundation may be named as a beneficiary of a policy or part of a policy at any time. The Trinity High School Foundation must be irrevocably named beneficiary and assigned ownership of the policy to qualify the donor for an income tax deduction.
- Retirement Plans/IRAs – The Trinity High School Foundation can be named as a beneficiary at the time of death.
- Appreciated Securities – Even in today’s market you can use this asset to make a gift and avoid capital gains if you have a low cost basis.
Planned Giving Options:
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts – Your gift is invested to produce income for you for life, with remainder given to the Trinity High School Foundation upon your death.
- Bargain Sale – A donor makes a gift by selling an asset to the Trinity High School Foundation for a price less than its fair market value.
- Legal Language – The following is suggested language to consider when making a bequest in your will to the Trinity High School Foundation:
I, (your full name), of (city, state) bequeath to the Trinity High School Foundation, located in Louisville, Kentucky, the sum of $_______________ for the following purpose: (general endowment or specific scholarship).
I, (your full name), of (city, state) bequeath all the rest of my estate (or percent of the remainder of my estate _____%) to the Trinity High School Foundation, located in Louisville, Kentucky, for the following purpose: (general endowment or specific scholarship).
For more information on ways your generosity can benefit Trinity High School, contact:
Trinity High School Foundation
A Message from the President Dr. Rob Mullen Our Church recently celebrated the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, one could say, our school’s feast day. The Gospel reading included the passage from John 3:16, familiar especially to sports fans who remember that guy...
Pope Francis on Racism Dr. Rob Mullen Only occasionally does Pope Francis comment on a specific incident in any one country of the world. Rarely does he ever mention one individual involved in such incidents. So as he weighs in on civil unrest happening in the United...
Health and Well-Being Protocols Dr. Rob Mullen 2020-2021 School Year As announced last week, every Tuesday we will provide information about the 2020-2021 school year. This week we will outline the numerous steps being employed to accommodate everyone’s return to...